Canadian Health&Care Mall: Advantages and Drawbacks of American HealthCare System
Talking about American healthcare system, the first thing noticed is its value. All the services offered both by a hospital and a doctor are extremely expensive, so not everyone can afford them. Having proper health insurance is the only possible way out, though it is not affordable for a great number of Americans. Fortunately, dozens of cheap and qualitative online pharmacies have appeared on the pharmaceutical market recently, allowing people to purchase appropriate and good quality treatments at competitive prices.
Nevertheless, according to the statistics, approximately 70% of Americans are not satisfied with the health care system in their country. Even having insurance you have to take additional expenses on extra services, some kinds of surgeries and other treatments. The vast majority of hospitals and health care centers are private, so you have to pay their for everything all by yourself, so before entering the institution thoroughly learn all the prices and services costs to avoid unpredictable situations. There are only a few governmental hospitals where you can get all the expenses covered by the insurance. However, they are located in some parts of the country and are sometimes difficult to reach. Still, getting treatment in a governmental hospital it does not mean you will get high-quality and proper treatment. Be aware of drawbacks that can sometimes appear there. Avoid severe infections and never forget about common sense. Despite all the disadvantages possible in governmental hospitals, pharmacies and health care institutions, the vast majority of Americans prefer them to private ones.
Another discussion and controversial issue of American Health Care is pharmacy. Local pharmacies are definitely highly used and convenient places to buy prescription medications. However, more and more people nowadays have to use online pharmacies, because the prices there are much lower, though the quality of medicines is the same. Local drugstores do not offer such a wide selection of medications as online ones that make people turn to online stores. All in all, having a desire to save money on expensive drugs, especially those necessary for regular use, people start using online pharmacies, thus, decreasing the popularity of American governmental ones.
Top Problems of Modern Health Care System of the USA
The results of various researches along with the statistics show that there is a number of common reasons that prevent Americans from using governmental healthcare institutions. Besides, there are several unsatisfactory issues that lead people to complaints and poor comments about the national healthcare. The most widely spread and shared grievances include the following:
1. Americans spend huge sums of money on medicine, though do not get proper care.
2. Deaths are still the results of treatable diseases.
3. Being admitted to a hospital and having no money one is likely to die right in the medical center.
4. Racial discrimination is prohibited in the USA, though black people are claimed to die more often from heart diseases, diabetes and cancer than the white.
5. Poor vaccination experiences often lead to the outburst of easily preventable illnesses.
6. Doctors’ consultations are extremely expensive and incredibly short. Hardly any health care worker will spend more than 5 minutes on consultations, recommendations and other instructions.
7. Inevitable medicines necessary to treat severe diseases cost a fortune.
8. Laboratory tests are real financial challenges for patients as well.