Biologically Active Food Additives: Are They Really Worth Trying?
Perhaps everyone has at least once heard about biologically active food additives but couldn’t find detailed information about them or just thought these medical innovations were not for them. Well, you definitely need to find out more about these supplements. With that in mind Canadian Health&Care Mall has initiated a meeting with a nutritionist and professional of the medical sphere Dr. Michael Lawrence who gladly shared his knowledge and experience about biological active food additives with us and our readers.
– Dr. Lawrence, many people have definitely heard of BAA, however, they may not be aware of the fact what they are. So can you please explain the readers of our blog what BAA really means and what these supplements actually are?
– I’m grateful I have an opportunity to acquaint people with biologically active food additives that are considered to be a kind of drugs by many patients. However, it isn’t so. BAA aren’t drugs or some type of medication, they are more like dietary supplements. To be 100% healthy a person needs more than 100 various substances most of which just cannot be either synthesized by the organism or received with the food people consume every day. The reasons are numerous: bad ecology, genetically modified organisms or products of poor quality.
That’s why people get sick and suffer from mild to severe health conditions trying to deal with them and spending a fortune on different medications that sometimes may not treat but aggravate the condition. Here biologically active food additives can be viewed as rescuers that are able to fill our organism with the needed nutrients and provide it with the energy to work for the sake of our health.
– Why have they become so popular?
– You know how substances of natural origin are valued in today’s world full of synthetic medications that do not contain any herbal components. BAA are the substances of natural origin that promote health, prevent diseases, normalize the balance of nutrients in the body, help the organism fight infections and speed up the recovery process. To say more, many biologically active additives comprise substances of toning up action that have a really positive effect providing vitality, increasing working capacity, both mental and physical, reducing stress and stimulating the protective function of the organism. BAA include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, non-saturated fat acids, fiber, herbal extracts and many more useful components that clear our organism of toxic substances, salt, radionuclides and heavy metals, slow down aging processes and stimulate the immune system. These facts add to the desire to try them out, don’t they? And it’s not in vain as all my patients who were recommended to take biological active food additives due to their health condition claimed positive results.
– What diseases do BAA help to treat?
– It’s probably better to ask what diseases they help to prevent. Still many patients tend to resort to usual medications that are prescribed by their health care providers; however, many drugs don’t do any good. On the contrary, when taken in the wrong way they may not show their full effect, and when taken in the wrong dosage they may lead to severe side effects that may be quite challenging to treat. This cannot be said about biologically active additives as they can be applied to prevent and eliminate different health conditions like allergies, asthma and other breathing problems, thyroid gland, oncological and cardiovascular diseases and so on. Despite the popularity BAA can boast of nowadays, there is little information about their effect.
There were various clinical studies in the US that proved the efficacy of BAA. However, before resorting to treatment with biologically active food additives patients shouldn’t prefer conventional treatment to prior clinical tests, examinations and consultations with healthcare professionals. Any supplement you are using or are about to use must be discussed with your doctor. However, to treat any condition the intake of medicines and supplements alone proved to be insufficient. If combined with proper diet, regular exercise and good mood any sickness will be treated. You should intake BAA during the meals washing them down with clean water. But I do not recommend taking them with tea, coffee, juice and milk.